Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trifle Strawberry Shortcake

Lately Eric and I have been invited to several cookouts so I have been on the hunt for quick, easy, delicious recipes.  Last Friday our friends Jon and Candis invited us over for a cookout.  I was supposed to bring a dessert and dip for an appetizer.  As I am walking through Meijer just hours before the cookout, I still had no idea what dessert I was going to make and then I came upon the strawberries!  Who doesn’t love fresh strawberries?  Right next to the strawberries they had angel food cake on sale then the recipe started forming in my head!

Ingredients
1 Large Tub of Cool Whip
1 Pack of Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 Large Tub of Whipped Cream Cheese
2 Pounds of Strawberries
2 Packs of Strawberry Glaze
1 Angel Food Cake
                                               I Chopped the Strawberries into Bite Size Pieces
                                                                            I Cubed the Angel Food Cake
                                                                    Add the Glaze to the Strawberries
    In a Separate Bowl Mix the Cool Whip, Cream Cheese, and the Powder of the Vanilla Pudding
After I Had all Three Parts Prepped I Started to Layer it
First I Layer the Angel Food Cake then the Filling and Topped it with the Strawberries and I repeated the Process Until the Bowl was Filled.  This Recipe Will Make Two Trifle Bowls Full.  Friday We Went to Jon and Candis's and Saturday We Had Friends To Our House "So I Had Enough For Two Bathces"                               

                                                                 The Finished Product "Yummy"

No comments:

Post a Comment