Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CHINESE COLESLAW

In the summer Eric and I are invited to several cookouts and parties! I was looking for an easy go to summer party recipe.  I did not have to look to far, my boss Jerri had the perfect solution!
CHINESE COLESLAW
 1# pkg of fresh slaw mix from the produce dept
2 pkg of oriental ramen noodles, crumbled
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup sugar or equivalent splenda
1/3 cup apple or rice vinegar
Optional--soy sauce
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
Mix oil, vinegar, sugar/splenda, flavor packet from the ramen noodles, and optional soy sauce to make the dressing. Mix slaw, nuts, seeds, onions, and dressing. Chill and serve.
I served this at Annabelle's Sprinkle! I had 4 people ask me for the recipe! I always think if others ask you for the recipe then you know it  was hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment