Friday, May 28, 2010

Day 5

Buenos Dias (Good Morning) Hope everybody had a good day because here is my wife awake at 8:15 a.m. with desayunao (breakfast) in her stomach and I was so proud of her because she was a true trooper today. We are sitting in our coach bus ready to go on our combo trip which included going to TULUM & XEL HA. You are probably asking what are those two places, well let me tell you...TULUM: is the site of Pre-Columbian Maya walled city serving as a major port city for coba. The ruins are located on 39ft. cliffs, along the east coast of the Yutcatan Peninsula on the Caribbean Sea in the State of Quintana Roo, Mexico. Just so you know I'm (Eric) writing the blog today because this was a day trip I wanted to take and so Heidi wanted me to share this fantastic day with our readers. Anyways TULUM was excellent and I highly encourage anybody who wants to see the Mayans this is a good site because you can see this site in about two hours no problem and you get a little breeze because it is right next to the sea unlike most of the Mayan sites in Mexico because they are mainly based inland. XEL HA: is a Natural Wonder and it's an open-sea aquarium and it offers myriad of land and water activities, ecological attractions, world-class resturants (which Heidi and I chose the fast food one because we wanted fast food(HAHA). But, this part of the day was just wonderful, but we were both tired out when the day was over.

Me walking in TULUM The Mayans made the entrance and exit narrow because the city was made for the upper class in society and the upper class wanted to know who was coming in and out of the city at all times.

The Mayan buildings were built with Limestone...

Heidi and I in front of a Mayan building... First building in the city... We are looking good right now and nobody is sweating yet. It was 95 degrees today (WOW!!!)
Can you imagine when this city was in it's prime?
Beautiful that is all I can say...
This building was where the Mayan King lived in the city of TULUM...
This building is where the Mayan women went to give thanks for their gift of fertility and their gift of pregnancy to the gods...

The back of the Tulum... This was extremely important to the Mayans
because it meant protection and trade having the city right on the cliffs on the
Caribbean Sea.

Iguana's are everywhere in this climate, but they are especially in TULUM.
I almost stepped on one today,but Heidi stopped
me and I was very appreciative of Heidi for
watching out for me. I really didn't want to go to a hospital today if it bit me...

Some random tourist (which they are everywhere in TULUM)... I guess
you can't go anywhere anymore without tourist's at sites like this
even the one that is writing to you right now (HAHA)...
Another outstanding picture from Heidi showing
how beautiful this city was... A must see...

Heidi enjoying the scenery...(And Cooling off)
She did have a great time because she
loves her husband very much...
What a sweet wife...

Me enjoying the day...
Leaving Tulum...
Xel HA
Here are the dolphins that Heidi and I loved to watch
but felt guility because they are trapped to
entertain tourists (very sad)...

Outstanding Scenery from XEL HA meaning: where
the water is born... Which is true because the water
starts in a mangrove then eventually turns into this
lagoon and then ends up in the sea... And anybody gets
to see this process when you visit XEL HA on the
lazy river Heidi and I rode down on with
our inner tube and it was outstanding...

People resting in hammocks...
Fish check them out...
Dolphin (HELLO FLIPPER)
Xel Ha
Tour Buses
Ending the day with my wonderful wife at the Resort at the Lobster Pot...
We both ate Surf n Turf...
GOOD STUFF!!!
My wife survived and enjoyed it I think (HAHA)...
Good Night!!!
Lobster Pot Restaurant (which is on the beach)...
Surf n Turf

No comments:

Post a Comment