Thursday, May 13, 2010

Boiler Up Purdue

After 3 schools and 6 years I finally graduated. I started my college experience at Ball State University. I truly loved Ball State but maybe a little too much at times if you get my drift. I then transferred to Ivy Tech and received my Associates degree in Human Service in 07'. Ivy Tech was a great school for me to get back on track and put my education first. After completing my Associates degree Eric and I got married so I worked full time for a year. I then returned to school to complete my bachelor's degree. I chose to go to Indiana-University Purdue-University of Fort Wayne. I continued with Human Services. I truly have a passion for helping people. Even though I may have struggled with my early years of college one thing I never struggled with is what I wanted to major in. I have known for years that I wanted to be a Social Worker. Due to my childhood, many Social Workers were always involved in my life. Social Workers truly made a difference and tried to help better my life. I hope someday I can return the kindness I was given as a child to another person.

IPFW 2010 Graduating Class
That's Me on the Jumbo Screen
Jenny and Me
My Parents and Me
Eric, Me , and My In-Laws
My Wonderful Husband and Me
The yellow ribbon on my cap and gown has great meaning to me. Over 3 years ago my best friend Janell lost her life in a car crash. She also attended IPFW as a nursing major. She was truly a giving, loving, wonderful friend. Janell would have graduated in Dec with her Bachelors in Nursing. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of Janell. Janell loved life and loved her friends and family. I know that she was with me last night as I walked across the stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment