Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas

Eric and I spent Christmas weekend in Indianapolis with Eric's parents.  After Christmas Eve service we headed home to exchange gifts.  I think Max was most excited about opening gifts.  After gifts we all went to bed and dreamed of gum drops and sugar fairies.  My Christmas morning started with preparations for the guest coming for lunch.  I served Ham, potato casserole, creamed spinach, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, cranberry salad, and rolls.  After the food prep I started with the table.  I used Nancy's fine china from her wedding.  I wanted to add a personal touch to each setting.  I decided to make personalized Christmas ornaments.  I bought plain glass bulbs and put basket filler on the inside and wrote each guests name on one side with a paint pen and the year on the other side.  Everyone knew where to sit and had a memento to take home after the celebration. 


                                                                Max could smell the treats
                                            Eric set up the TV and DVD player we bought for Dan and Nancy
                                                         I could not fit one more dish in the oven!
                                                                      Dinner for 9





No comments:

Post a Comment