Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pet Blessing

Last weekend our church hosted its annual fall festival.  Right after service I headed out side and helped serve food. We served chili, hotdogs, nachos, and loaded potatoes.    I sometimes struggle finding where I fit in at church but last Sunday it felt good to help serve the food.  Later I walked around the farmers markets and craft vendors.  We also had tons of activities for kids there was a moon walk, clowns, face painting, and a petting zoo.  After all the outside festivities were complete we headed back into the sanctuary for the Blessing of the animals.  Having several animals in the sanctuary was a different sight, but very fun.  Pastor Martin discussed animals and God and why they were created. Pastor asked me to read scripture during the service.  We finished the service with each animal getting a personalized Blessing from Pastor Martin.   






No comments:

Post a Comment