Friday, July 6, 2012

First Father's Day

On June 17th (which was Piper's original due date) we celebrated Eric's first Father's Day. 
During my pregnancy Eric would express his concerns about being a parent.  I always reassured him that he will be fine and he always supported me with my concerns.  Once Piper was born Eric had no choice but to jump right in.  Since I had a c-section, I was unable to get around for the first 3 days. Eric changed his first diaper the day Piper was born and to his surprise he did great.  I was not surprised at all, I had faith that he was capable of taking care of her.  During those first days Eric would change her diapers, give her to me to nurse, then he would rock and burp her. Sometimes the best training is just being thrown right into the situation. 

I love watching Eric hold Piper, you can see the love and bond they share already. 

Growing up Father's Day was also a depressing day for me.  It was a reminder that I did not have a Father. At the age of 13, I was placed with new foster parents who later adopted me.  At 13 I celebrated my first Father's Day.  I will never forget that day.  My sister Jennifer and I helped our Mom make a huge lunch with all our Dad's favorite foods.  I look forward to watching Eric and Piper's relationship develop and I love knowing that Father's Day will be a day for celebration for my little Piper and her Daddy!

She already has him wrapped around her little finger (just as she should)!

No comments:

Post a Comment