Thursday, May 30, 2013

12 Months

One year, 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8736 hours!  We blinked and now you are one.  Today is bittersweet, bitter in the sense that this year has passed so quickly but sweet in the sense that you are continuing to grow and develop. Last May daddy and I walked out of the hospital with you snug in your car seat, we had no idea what we were in store for.  Our whole world changed the moment we found out we were expecting. We have learned the true meaning of unconditional love.  This year has been filled with love, learning and lots  of first.  This year has been a learning experience for all of us. I am learning how to balance all my roles as mother, wife and employee.  I had to learn how to function on just a few hours of sleep.  I read countless book, listened to other mothers and read more online blogs that I like to admit all in the name of trying to do my best.  I am trying to make the best decisions for you and our family.  Being a mother is not easy but it sure is rewarding.  There is nothing better than hearing you giggle, rocking you to sleep or seeing you experience something for the first time.  So happy 1st birthday to my sweet little Piper.  This year has been amazing and I look forward to see what God has in store for your life and I hope you always follow the Lord's path. 

Weight: 17.5 lbs

Length: 29 inches

Size: I just put all your 6 months clothes away.  You are wearing 9 month clothes but I think you will be in 12 month before we know it.  You are still wearing size 3 diapers.

Feeding Schedule:  You are starting to let us know what foods you like and dislike.  You are eating 3 meals a day and two snacks.  You continue to nurse 4-6 times a day. 

Sleeping Schedule: You are sleeping through the night most nights.  You go to sleep around 7:00 pm and wake up around 5:30 am.  You take an one hour morning nap and a two hour afternoon nap. 

Likes: You love to climb the stairs, play with Max, finger paint, go for stroller rides, music class and baths.

Dislikes: You are not a big fan of pasta, you don't like getting of out the bath tub, you still don't like your car seat or the feeling of grass on your feet. 

Events: This month we celebrated my first Mother's Day.  You and Daddy made the day so special.  We all went out for family lunch and spent the day together.  Daddy planted flowers for me and you gave me a sweet card.  I feel blessed that I am able to call myself your Mother.   




No comments:

Post a Comment