Sunday, December 16, 2012

Piper's Baptism

On September 16, 2012 Eric and I had Piper baptized.  This day will forever hold a special place in our heart.  Some baptize their children because it is a tradition or they feel pressure from older generations that was not our reasoning.  Eric and I both feel strongly about raising Piper in the church. We want her to know but most importantly love our Lord and Savior.  As a parent there are so many things we can give her but the most important is the Lord. 
When I started to look at baptism gowns for Piper I could not find anything I liked.  One evening I was showing Eric a couple of gowns I liked, he pointed out that one of the gowns looked like my wedding dress.  That gave me the idea to have her gown made from my wedding dress.  Her gown is made entirely from my dress even the lining of her gown.  I find deep sentimental value that on the day I married Eric and made a vow to Eric and God to stay married forever I wore that dress and now my daughter wore it the day I made a vow to God to raise her in the church . 
I will always fondly remember Piper’s baptism.  I am already enjoying teaching Piper about the Lord.  She is well on her way to learning with daily prayers, bible readings, church but most importantly Christian modeling from her Godparents and us.   I feel blessed that the Lord gave us Piper and I look forward to watching her faith grow and strengthen over the years. 
 


















 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment