Sunday, January 22, 2012

19 weeks

Friday I had my 19 weeks appointment.  The baby continues to grow and develop on target.  The heart rate was 145 and the baby was moving all over the place. I can’t believe I am 19 weeks.  In one sense the time is going so quickly and in another it is dragging on.  The baby is now the size of large heirloom tomato and my uterus is the size of a large cantaloupe.   Within the last 2 weeks I have started feeling flutters and it is amazing.  Eric is anticipating the day he can feel the baby move.  It is still surreal to me that our baby is growing inside of me.  As June drawls near Eric and I continue our discussion about parenting, names, nursery themes, and daycare.  There is so much to think about and so many decisions we need to make.  We have created a list of boys and girls names.  We have narrowed down the daycare list to 6 places (now we need to set up visits).  We continue to search the internet for nursery ideas.  Aside from names and nursery themes we continue to discuss how to prepare for all the changes we are going to experience once the baby comes.  We both have a little anxiety about how we will balance our life between family & career.  I know we will figure it out; millions of others do it daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment