Friday, March 25, 2011

6 Years & Counting

Where did the time go?  6 years ago Eric and I went on our first date.  It is hard to believe that 6 years have come and gone.  It all started when I was planning my sister Jennifer’s 20th birthday party.  I had all the plans set, except for the all important college keg.  I called my good friend Mr. Matt Lawson who was already 21 and begged him to provide alcohol for 50 minors (he agreed with little persuasion).  He only had one condition, he was going to bring two friends from Fort Wayne to the party (I hesitantly agreed) little did I know I would meet my husband that night.  It was party night and we were all ready to celebrate Jennifer’s birthday except for Matt’s two friends Eric and Jon who let us know they thought we were lame.  As the night went on Eric and Jon started to get on my nerves so I let them have a piece of my mind (hard to believe that I would speak my mind “RIGHT”).  After the party I forgot all about Eric and Jon, but I guess Eric did not forget me and my foul mouth.  A few weeks later I got a phone call in the middle of the night from Eric professing his love for me.  I could hardly remember who he was so I laughed the phone call off.  A few weeks later I got another phone call from Eric at a more practical time and this phone call started with an apology.  I knew I needed to give this guy a shot, he just didn’t give up and I like anyone that apologizes to me when I was the one that was rude to them. So needless to say March 24th 2005 we had our first official date and the rest is history.    

No comments:

Post a Comment